Dear Friends and Family,
I am having surgery on my right renal artery to remove an aneurysm on June 29, 2011 (8:15am), at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
The anuerysm was discovered last year. The doctors told me to get the defibrillator implanted and heal up from that surgery before having this one. (I am doing well, by the way) The aneurysm is about 2.9 cm and is located at a branch point of my aortic artery leading to my right kidney. For those who may not know, I had my left kidney removed in June of 1997.
My Vascular surgeon is Dr. Bruce Gewertz (Chief surgeon at Cedars) and Dr. William Cohen is assisting.
I will be at Cedars-Sinai for about 4 to 5 days. I may be in ICU the first day. Recovery will be about 6 to 8 weeks.
Please pray for the following:
1. I have to stop taking Warfarin (coumadin) on Friday the 24th and on Sunday and Monday I will have give myself a shot of Lovenox into my abdomin twice a day. I am not looking forward to this, but thankfully it is only for two days. Pray that my blood would the perfect consistency for abdominal surgery.
2. Pray that my blood pressure will remain stable and that I stay healthy up until the surgery date.
3. Pray for wisdom and skill on the part of the doctors as they do the surgery. There are two approaches the doctors could take, but they will not know until they open me up. Plan A is to do a patch on the site where the aneurysm is removed using a vein from my leg. If Plan A is not possible, Plan B is to do bypass surgery using a vein from my leg.
4. Pray that the surgery will be a complete success with no complications and no infection.
5. Pray that my heart can handle this surgery since I have Congestive Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy.
6. Pray that I am a godly testimony to my caregivers and others I may be around in the hospital.
7. Pray for a speedy recovery and that I will not have problems with pain medication.
8. Pray for my family as I go through surgery and recovery.
God is so good! He has carried me through many trials and He will carry me through this one.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support!